So
it was the last day before the kids started school. We went out to breakfast,
went shopping for school stuff and fun stuff. We were heading back home to play
the rest of the day away when I was talking to Jason on the phone. I just
pulled into our driveway when I heard a noise in the background of our phone
call. Jason said, "My whole building is shaking...I’ll call you
back." I told him I heard the shaking and let him go. I didn't hear back
from him for over an hour till I received an email from him. He said to turn on
Fox News, that we had just had an earthquake and the phones were down. I ran
downstairs where the kids were all watching a movie and turned on the TV. So
YES we had an earthquake that measured 5.9 and was felt all up and down the
East Coast. Luckily Jason had already put a full day plus overtime in and was
heading home. Turns out that most people were asked to leave their buildings
and just went home for the day. No damage or harm was done to persons. Only
damage to buildings in the direct area of the quake, sorry kids, but you're
still going to school on time. It turns out that people who were in their cars,
like us, didn't even know we had an earthquake. I had neighbors telling me they
felt it, but us in our truck, never felt a thing. PHEW...all is well, just one
for the memory books.
|
1 comment:
I've heard a couple people who were driving say they didn't even feel it or notice it.
We sure did at our house!
Post a Comment