Sunday, September 11, 2011

a few good moments

After LOTS of rain and waiting, the guys were able to get up there, tear down the old one and rebuild the new one.  Trust me...it's higher then it looks (I know cause I was up there at one point).  They worked together and got it done in half a day in between the rain and CRAZY HOT STEAMY HUMID weather.  Thanks Jason, Dad and Eric for making our HOA happy.  No, really it looks great guys.  I'll post pictures once I can get it painted.

For the past few years, two especially, we have tried to teach Mason how to ride a bike. Even after watching his brothers learn, who were just as scared at first, buying him a bike and trying trying trying, I think he's finally going to get it. It was a wet morning before Grandma was heading home, that I think the break-through was made. You know what they say about your children listening to others better then they do their own parents...well how true that is. Mason has such a fear of riding his bike that he turns into "panic" mode and it seems that just the mention of trying to teach him would paralyze him. Grandma was able to get him to focus enough to even put his feet on the peddles. She was able to hold the bike while he balanced and peddled all on his own. I can't begin to tell you how much of a brake-through this was for him. We're going to keep working with him until he gets it. Now, if he can only pretend that we are Grandma teaching him, we might get somewhere. He was very excited and grateful that day. Very different from the tears, anger and frustration that usually follows. Thanks Grandma and great job Mason. We know you will get this.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Mason for taking on your fears.

Grandmas rock!