IT
NEVER HAPPENED!!! One of the most special friends I've ever made moved away in
June while I was gone out west. It's not like she just up and left while I was
away in secret. I've know this was coming for a little while. I pushed it to
the back of my mind as far back as I could and just pretended it WASN'T real. I
figured if I never posted about it that she'd show back up in her house just
THREE doors down from mine and life would be as it was. Felicity has become so
dear to me that saying good-bye was one of the most emotional things I've done.
This is a woman that was a wealth of knowledge and sound advice on so many
topics. She always had a smile on her face for anyone who would accept it. She
was always finding ways to help others feel included when she was around. She
was the kind of mother to her children that made me want to be more for my own.
She is a FIERCLY devoted and true friend.
Not
only did she become one of my MOST FAVORITE friends in my lifetime, but her whole
family impacted our family’s lives. As you can see from the pictures, the kids
have grown up together over the six plus years we've lived here. (i'm sorry i
didn't get more pictures of Thad, her oldest, and Theo, her middle one.) I
could sit here and think of unlimited things to write of reasons why I love
Felicity and her family, but I'm going to just tell you I Love her so much and
keep all of those tender feelings close to my heart. This is a friendship that
will last the ages even with time and distance. I have made only a few of these
lasting friendships in my life, and they are more important to me then I can
share. I may not see or speak to these dear friends as often as I'd like, but
it never lessens the way I treasure these dear people.
Your
yard is empty and I miss hearing our little ones yell down to each other when
they are out playing. I miss seeing your car in the driveway and knowing you
are only a few doors down if I needed you. I miss you next to me at the gym
pushing me to go farther and not to quit, Lilly and I miss you and Trinity at
dance class, at the pool, at the bus stop, on shopping trips together and just
hanging out in our kitchens, but we will always feel you with us and know you
are never too far for a phone call, text, email or whatever. Thanks for
touching our lives and risking putting yourself out there for our friendship. I
love you my dear sweet FRIEND!
|
3 comments:
She's lucky to have lived 3 doors down from you :)
...I wish I lived 3 doors down from you, I'd even settle for 4 or 5 doors down, ha ha!
Good friends are such a blessing, thanks for being one of my most amazing and wonderful friends ever!!
How do you translate tears to a comment? I am the blessed one, to have had the privelage to live down the street from you and to call you my forever friend! Anyone who gets the gift of being close to you is very blessed! Love you Amy and Caldwell family! You are some of the greatest people I have ever known!
Ahhh! I had the day wrong...I thought it was the 5th, all along. Happy birthday Lilly! It's only been 7 weeks since we saw you last...feels like so much longer...but Lilly you look more mature already! You are so beautiful! Happy birtday sweet Lilly, miss you so very much. Trinity wants to get on skype or face time with you soon! Love you much Lilly!!! Happy 6th.
Post a Comment