After spending the few days in MO while my dad finished up his work, we headed off on the trek back home to VA. My parents had already planned to drive out to spend some time with us once they were done in MO, so it just meant we joined them in the drive back to our place. We had wanted to do a little sight-seeing along the way and made our first stop at the St. Louis Arch.
We found a parking garage nearby, parked in the first two spots inside the garage, next to the attendants booth, put on warmer jackets and shoes and headed over to the arch.
 |
We had a really great time checking out the museum there and gift shop, but mostly loved getting to take the kids to the top of the arch. Grandma had been many years before and decided to stay below to spend some time in the museum. I remember going up the arch when I was five years old and how terrified I was of the tiny rickety elevator to moved slowly to the top. It all came back to me once I was in the space so many years later. Mason too was a bit terrified, but soon forgot his fear once we made it to the top. I however, wanted to get right back down as fast a possible once at the top. I DO NOT LIKE HIGHTS and the thought of standing in the middle of this big arch with nothing to hold this thing up, or so my mind was telling me, sent me right back in the line to head back down.
It was so fun to have done with as a family and I think the kids will remember that always.
What happened next is something we all will NEVER forget...in the next post... |
1 comment:
I don't like heights either, I'm with you on that one!
Post a Comment