Sunday, April 7, 2013

~Fariy-Tails once lived~

I don't even know how to put into words the feelings and memories that came flooding back to me as I was able to take my family on a little "trip down Amy's memory lane in MO" while we were there.  We drove to Leeton, MO to visit "THE FARM" where I spent a very magical childhood.  Jason teases me saying he thinks I've fairy-tailed this in my head.  Maybe I have, but that was what living there was like to me and to my older siblings.  We 'made our own fun" every single day from sun up to sun down.  We were usually gone during those hours of each day as well running all over the 30 arches.  Although the current owner, who bough the place from my parents those many years ago, have made changes, it's still "THE FARM" to me and was so very wonderful to get to take my family there for a visit.  I have very vivid memories of this place that helped shape who I am today and will stay with me forever. 


This was the elementary school I attended while living on the farm.  I believe back then, the largest graduating class from the high school was a grand total of 16 kids.  Yep, you read that right 16 kids in total for a grade level.  NOTE: the population sign above...566


These are pictures of the bridge that marked how far down our property line went and what side of the bridge was ours.  Also a shot of the old barn.  There wasn't a trailer home parked there then,  There were more barns and sheds for the farm animals.  


After moving from the farm into "town" or Clinton, 30 miles away where my Dad worked, where we attended church and spent a lot of our time, the top house is where we lived for just over a year.  Then we moved into the middle picture's home and stayed there for the many years afterwards until us kids had moved out and my parents moved to UT.  The last picture was the High School I attended and graduated from.  That class size was 134 kids, a little larger then Leeton would've been. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cool that you got to show those places to your kids. I bet they loved it.