Monday, October 3, 2011

A night out together...



We had a terrific time out with a great group of friends last Friday night. We went to a place called "The Melting Pot" for a (VERY) light dinner. I had heard this place was so yummy and fantastic that I'd just LOVE it. Well, after waiting most of the whole day not eating so I could FILL up at dinner, I was very disappointed. We were served semi-warm cheese dips, as they forgot to turn the burners on to get and keep the cheese hot. We had a few mini carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, broken chips, stale bread bites and browned chucks of green apples to dip in our four different kinds of cheese sauce. NOT impressed. I was starving and hoping to get my feel on great tasting carbs before my big Half Marathon race the next morning. Then they brought us barely any there bowls of four different kinds of chocolate sauces to dip. The plates of items to dip were wonderful and we asked for a few extra plates just to eat on. I left feeling overstuffed with three classes of water and sickened by way too many sweets in my tummy. Jason said he felt like we got a $2.99 meal for about $40. Another friend’s hubby said he felt like we were eating rabbit food. We were the only two couples of the group that weren't raving about how wonderful everything was. I've been told by others since that we need to go back and order the meat and give it another shot.

We did have a great time chatting and hanging out together, so there's the silver lining I supposed.

We were then off to the Kennedy Center to see Les Miserable live on stage. AMAZING as always. This is one of my favorites!!! We had a great time just being out together and being with some really wonderful people.



2 comments:

alrita said...

MAN THAT FOOD LOOKS GREAT

DID YOU GET TO SEE THE OBAMMAS?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good night out.
I've never been there, but I've heard rave reviews about it...we might have to give it a try.

Wish we could catch Les Mis while it's still here...who knows?