Sunday, September 25, 2011

HEDBANZ!!!


I teach the youth Sunday school class (16 to 18 years of age) in church each week. It's not easy trying to keep their attention and get participation out of them sometimes. After they've gotten through early morning seminary all week, youth weekly activities, school and homework, any extra after school activities, and and and... They are just plain TIRED! I tried to liven our class time up today by changing one of our family favorite games around just a bit. I took the game called
"Hedbanz" and gave it a new meaning for the day. Our lesson was centered on "if you have Faith, you need not have Fear". I didn't have time to print pictures off or draw and color the words by pictures, so just the words were printed. I then glued them on to cut out pieces of paper to use in place of the provided game cards. We had a great time playing our game, talking about Fear vs. Faith and eating the yummiest Carmel Candy Corn. I love my class and how they help me learn and grow. I love that I get the chance to study and learn the New Testament this year with such a great group of Young Adults. I just love my calling!!!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great idea. I bet the kids in your class love you, you are an awesome teacher!