Sunday, September 4, 2011

a "Garden Party"


I was asked to Host the Relief Society's "Garden Party" in my back yard last Tuesday evening. It was fun getting ready for it. I found some great buys on flowers that were on sale from a local nursery...finding outdoor lighting and getting to use my new/used outdoor furniture. We has almost 30 ladies show up (which is a huge showing for our ward), had some really great food and just had a wonderful time together. My Mother-in-law is here visiting and was scooped up by some of the older ladies. They put her to work right away on some humanitarian projects that required knitting. Thanks Mom for being such a good sport and for all of your help getting ready for the night.












4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun activity.
You are such a great hostess :)

Andrew said...

what beautiful yard you've got, and it looks like everyone had so much fun!

I love the cute idea of the area rug!

chaoyi

alrita said...

I'm back reading your blog

Red Headed Flip said...

oh looks like such fun Amy! I long to be there - I just escaped in my mind, I could almost feel myself there in your backyard. It looked beautiful! You are so good at things like this.