Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A fun day at "Old Lucketts Store"


This is the bed we've had since pretty much the day we were married, almost 13 years ago. It has served us well and has been a fun piece for our many bedrooms. We spent just over $500 for the whole thing - mattress, box springs - everything. It has become a VERY squeaky bed over the years and it was time to GO.

Yesterday I went to one of my MOST FAORITE stores on the planet, Old Lucketts Store, for some looking around. Up against the wall outside in the elements, for at least a week, I found this bed frame. It was priced at $148, a steal of a deal I thought. I brought one of the store ladies out to ask about it. I mentioned that it had been outside and had a back corner that needed a little repair. I asked if that was her best price, even though I was thinking it was soooo cheap to begin with. Solid wood with real leather, very heavy and well build. She said she'd sell it to me for $98. DONE!!!! Of course I played it cool and made it seem like I had to think about it. Jason had met me at the store on his way home from work and was playing along too. We "talked" about it and if we could fix the corner and get it cleaned up and all of those things you do and say when you don't want to show the salesperson you are too eager. WE BOUGHT IT and couldn't wait to get it home. I wish I had taken a picture of it before we cleaned it all up. Several Clorox wipes and some armorial wipes did the trick. Then Jason stuck a screw or two in the back corner and we were good to go. I love it!!!! What do you think?




The kids thought it was to coolest bed ever and had to try it out doing what they love to do best...READ BOOKS!


A FEW OTHER FINDS THAT WILL BE IN MY HOUSE BY THRUSDAY:
I found this cedar chest on legs that match the hutch I bought a while back to hold our board games.  Can't wait for this to put all of our throw blankets in that we use in our family room.



This will be our new patio table.  One of the last wind storms that rolled through, blew over our metal pergela onto our current patio table and busted one of the legs.  We have two outdoor parties we are hosting this month, so it was bad timing for that storm to destroy our shade and furniture.  I love shopping at this store as we find solid, fun one-of-a-kind pieces.  I love the "shabby-chic" look that they put on almost off of what they sell. 





I bought on similar to this one for 1/2 the price, but I want this one for on my back patio...maybe someday...



I want to buy these too, but I bet I could make them so much cheaper and soooo easy.

I want this for my front porch with potted flowers to one side of it.  I don't know what this sign means, so I'd have to look it up first to see if I'd leave it or remove it from the bench. Touch up paint for sure. 

7 comments:

Laa Dee said...

Amy! That bed is awesome! What a find! I knew you'd do well there. Ah, I miss that store. Love the patio furniture too...excellent choice and everything else is wonderful...that yellow bench...wow. Pining for Lucketts and Amy time right now.

alrita said...

Amy, Redman is the tobacco that my grandpa Caldwell chewed, love ya

grandpa c

alrita said...

Amy, the sign is what makes it special, you could probaly sell the sign, just leave it on

Grandpa c

Brigette said...

Hey, I want to go with you. I always love the things you get from there.

Your bedroom set looks GREAT!!!

Unknown said...

Your bed looks awesome...especially with the cute kids in it :)

I need to hire you to decorate my house, you do such a great job...I stink at it!

sancie said...

Bed turned out great! Love finding previously owned stuff at major discounts! We have a salvation army just around the corrner from us, I love looking around in there!

See you soon!


(Love the pic of Mason on your bed... can't wait to hug him : ))

Jacobsen Five said...

I want to go to that store...I need to find something like that around here!