Thursday, May 13, 2010

Smiles at the ER

Lilly had been attending a gymnastics class at the local Rec Center. Her last day was not a fun one for her. I wasn't able to take her, so a wonderful friend picked Lilly up for me and took her with her daughter. When she came home, she was holding her elbow and was in a lot of pain. She wouldn't mover her arm at all without screaming in pain. I took her to the ER and sure enough, she had "nurse-maids elbow". It's when the joint is dislocated and has to be popped back into place. Not a fun thing to have to hold your daughter down while the medical people fight to pop it back. But they were so good to her with all kinds of treats, cartoons and smiles. We were very happy it wasn't broken or anything worse and now I know how to pop it back in myself, if it were to ever happen again...hope not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Noah had that back in Monterey, not fun, especially because he wasn't even 2 yet and couldn't really tell us what hurt. I hope she recovers soon!

Chaoyi said...

poor kiddo.

one thing to say about kids though, is that they bounce right back, not old bones like some of us.