Sunday, November 8, 2009

A COLD day to RUN!

Well there was another 5K put on by the Rotary Club that helps many needy agencies in our area. It was advertised by Gold's Gym where I attend and I thought it would be fun to help out. I'm not a cold weather fan in the least, not have I run in it before. It was very different running a race while my whole body was numb, which is why I think was able to do so well. It helps when you can't feel your aches and pains... My mother-in-law was here visiting and joined the race with me. I was super excited she wanted to do this with me in spite of finding out about it the night before. A 5K is a "no big deal" to her as she is used to doing twice this distance on a daily basis. It was fun to have this memory with her. Thanks Mom!!! I was able to do another race with my good friend Sasha, but this time joined by her oldest daughter Abby. Great job Abby for jogging the whole way!!! It didn't hurt till I started to thaw out and feel the burn!!! I did do my best time ever with a 27:27 time at the finish line... It had to of been cold air. I think I like doing them in the warm weather best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock! I don't even like running in the warm weather :)

fam stories said...

Awesome job-keep it up! You inspire me, even though I dislike running more than anything! I would rather not eat than have to run, o.k., almost! Nice job!