Thursday, August 20, 2009

Virginia Beach BABAH!!!!

We had a great time heading to Virginia beach with a long time friend the Roberson family. We've known these good people since moving out East and could NEVER get enough of them.
Daddy did his best to save poor little Lilly... just kidding. She didn't want help and was just floating by herself most of the time. She learned how to turn and go with each wave right off the bat.
Here's Hunter after we found him with the Life Guard. We were frantically looking for him as he kept getting carried slowly downward away from us. At least he knew to go straight to the Life Guard station.
Lilly had the very same thing happen to her the next day as she went running down the beach after loosing her goggles and crying trying to find them. She was even farther down the beach then Hunter was. Luckily there was a man sitting next to us that saw her take off running and helped us find her...I didn't have my camera with me to take the picture of her. I'm just so glad they both knew to go find a Life Guard stand. My heart can't take that many more times thinking I may have lost one of them...
This is the view from our room. Very Very Very Fun!!!!
There were lots of performers along the sidewalks. Both the girls were the life of the party as they broke out dancing to the music.
This is a huge jellyfish we found on the beach the next morning. It didn't last very long as more kids discovered it and took their sand shovels to it...poor thing.
We had to go through a tunnel that ran UNDER the ocean to get in and out of the city. Jason told the kids they had to hold their noses as we went through it. Lilly did it each time very obediently.
One last stop at Sonic for some lunch on our way out of dodge... Mom and Dad and Derrin and Nicole, you've been to this one with us each time we went to the "Great Wolf Lodge"...remember?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Isoms would love to plan a getaway with the Caldwells! I have loved reading all your recent posts. You are awesome, I sure do miss you friend. I'm glad things are going so well for you and your wonderful family!

Whitney said...

Can I just say you look great, and your family too, how are you all?