Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camping in West Virginia

done putting up the tent and just hanging out inside away from all of our neighbors...
loving the campfire together
four kids and their DOG
The little guy that slept with us UNDER our tent.
Yummy breakfast that Daddy made for us... bacon, eggs, sausage and pancakes!
Always reading something anywhere... I love that about my kids. They'll find a way or squint through the dark to read a book.
Smore's anyone...
Kadin's reading the classic version of "Alice in Wonderland" to the kids from my iPhone... He'll agree to almost anything if it means he can get any kind of electronic device in his hands. They were all in another world with Alice I think.
DINNER!!!
Collecting the much needed firewood.
I got this big one... Hunter was so proud.
For the 4Th of July we decided to go camping as a family. We have this really great big tent that was calling our names. After dealing with the fact that we were RIGHT NEXT TO EVERYONE else at the campsite and wishing we were in Utah camping with some kind of "your own space", we got set up. It was a blast watching the kids collect firewood, putting up the tent with Dad and then seeing Kadin getting a phone call from a friend talking over their Pokemon DS game...what's up with that?
I've put the pictures in kind of backwards order, but I figure getting them posted is what counts...
We had a really fun time and can't wait to make this more of a habit rather then a novelty for our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that looks like sooo much fun! I loved your pictures! I want to go camping! :) Love ya!