This is for all who have asked for the recipe to the first place winning soup that is just so darn tasty. I promis you, this isn't for the dietier, but it is a great treat. Yum Yum Chowder Amy Caldwell 1 large (family size) can of cream of chicken soup 2 cans corn (drained) 2 small (or medium) size potatoes (cooked and cubed) – I microwave them. 1 pack bacon (cooked and crumbled) * tip: I know this sounds terrible, but I will add a few spoonfuls of the bacon grease to the soup. I’m told this is the secret ingredient. You will get some of the grease just from the onions being cooked in it as well… you decide. 1 onion (sautéed in bacon grease) 1 16 oz. package Velveeta cheese (cubed) 3 cups milk (more or less depending on how thick or runny you want it) Cook bacon, add chopped onions to the grease to caramelize, and then add to other ingredients in a large pot. Let cook over a medium-low heat till cheese has melted and soup is hot. Stir often as not to allow scorching. We add shredded cheddar cheese on the top as a garnish. I usually double recipe for more people other then my own family.
4 comments:
Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)
hey girlie, i can't wait to make this soup!!! it's starting to actually feel like fall here and this sound perfect!! it's a small world, we had our annual PTO chili cook off at school a couple of months ago and i took 1st place for my chili and won some really cool prizes!!! i am working on my menus for this week and next and doing Halloween related themes for this week, i think this soup is definitely on the menu for the weekend!!! love the pics!!!
Oh yeah! Not for the faint of heart! Love it!
We are having soup night for family Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for the recipe. :>)
Post a Comment