
What can I say about my Amy. It's been 10 years today since she actually said that she would be with me forever (well, she said that before we got married but she made it official on this day) and there has not a day gone by that didn't make me fall more in love with her.
I can't believe that it has been 10 years already, it really does go by very fast, but every moment is so precious.
I guess that our greatest accomplishment are the kids:

(I know these are older pictures, but I'm at work and this is what I have to work with on my computer, but it's fun to look back a little bit as well)
Amy and I are really wrapped up in our family, it is the air in our lungs. It is where we derive our joy. As much as they can tire us out and frustrate us, it really is what matters to us the most.
And that is probably why we have had such a great 10 years. We wake up every morning trying to figure out how we can make the other happy. That is our first and last thought of the day, how can I make life a little bit better for the other. Now, that's not to say that it has all been sparkling apple cider and roses, there are always bumps in the road, but those don't last long. At least they shouldn't. But that's been our philosophy since we met and it has worked out pretty well so far, so I think we'll stick with it. For example, my beautiful wife left me a present in my car this morning (well, a whole lot of presents):

Yes, she is trying to make me fatter, but the fact is she knows an easy way to make me happy and she does it. She derives some of her happiness from trying to make me happier and the same goes for me, most of my happiness comes from making her happy. I was on my way to have a crappy day at work after an hour's commute and waking up way too early but suddenly I was smiling, chuckling, and just glowing with the knowledge that my wife loves me. But what truly got me was a card that simply said, "Another year of marriage...Another victory of great big love triumphing over annoying little habits."
I know that cards can be a little hokie but they can be succinct and true as well. That is what Amy and I have, great big love that triumphs over everything else. We are dedicated to each other, we look out for one anther, and I love her more and more each day and I know that she feels the same way about me, despite my many annoying habits. We are a team that gets to play on the same side forever and that is the greatest blessing that I could ask for in this world.
Thanks to everyone that has been there on the journey with us. We have wonderful family and fantastic friends that have been with us along the way.
We have gone from California to Texas to Arizona and Utah (I had Army training at that time) back to Texas, then to Utah for a short time, then out to Virginia (actually two places in Virginia) then finally settling for a time in West Virginia. This is now the longest that we have lived in any one place. We have had five beautiful kids, four are still with us and going strong. I have been in the Army, worked for six different companies (but only had three different jobs), gone back to school. And through it all the one constant has been that special woman, that chose to stay by my side through it all, support me in any crazy thing to which I put my mind, and loved me every minute of it (and she does love me every minute of it, even when I do something boneheaded and she gets frustrated with me). I tell you, that is something that will keep you going no matter what.
So, this is my short and entirely inadequate tribute to my best friend, my partner, my companion, my absolutely better half, my
hot wife, the CEO of our house, the full time mommy, my conscience, my everything.
Honey, I love you. Happy Anniversary.
7 comments:
That's awesome! What a great reminder of what it's all about- living to make the other happy. Happy anniversary you two!
Mush, mush and more mush! Happy Anniversary to 2 of my favorite people!
Jana
So sweet! Happy 10th you guys!
Happy Anniversary Friends! You guys have always been great examples of treating each other with love and respect. I'd love to watch your kids for a night.. just one catch. You gotta come to Texas to see me first! Love you guys!!
Jason, you have never disappointed
me. The tribute to Amy and your
marriage, trillion's of brownie
points! Brownie pts. term I"m
browing from you. Love you and
your's FOREVER, Mom (H.)
Happy Anniversary!
Cynthia
Wow. This brought me to tears. Jason is so sweet to you.
Post a Comment