Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Scary weather our way...

We had a scare with some weather today. I was in Wal-Mart to pick up just a few needed items for some upcoming parties. I ran into a friend as I got there that said there was a Tornado watch. I decided to run through the store and get back home before it even started to rain. I pulled into our garage just as the rain started. I got a call a little bit later from my friend in Wal-Mart telling me that the power had gone out and she was put in the middle of the store with everyone else as they were on "lockdown" due to a tornado in the area. Also, the friend Mason, Lilly and I had just went to lunch with had a tornado go through her backyard an hour after lunch. It picked up her trampoline and sqished it all up. I'm so glad I was out of the store and back home before this all hit. Mason and Lilly decided to hide behind some of the couch cousions till the storm passed. I took a small video of the sounds from the storm. It doesn't really do the storm justice, but thought I'd post it just the same. I taped it the same time that the tornado was in my friend's backyard not that far from my house...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had similar weather yesterday and last night. We were at cub scouts and had to all gather in the gym until the storm passed. Our trampoline is still in tact though. Sounds like it came pretty close to you, glad you guys are safe!

Anonymous said...

You should so make your own movie. That video was so pro :) Your pics are adorable. Oh yeah, the storm that hit yesterday, again, took our trampoline away. Poor Jay he will probably fix it again.