So we have failed as parents in not teaching our boys how to ride their bikes without training wheels yet. We took them out last Saturday to make it happen. First, it was way too hot of a day to try this. Second, our boys wanted nothing to do with it. We made them a deal that if they learned how to ride without training wheels by before the end of summer, they could use any and all of their electronic equipment again. Yep, that's right. They don't get to watch tv, play the computer, wii, DS, X-Box, or any other type of thing till they learn. Here it is Wednesday and they haven't even tried to get back on them again. I guess we'll have a nice and active summer without all of that stuff. I do hope they learn to ride their bikes by the end though...Any ideas or tips?

Not happy starting out...

Okay, maybe we can do this...

I want NOTHING to do with this!!!!

Don't let go dad!
2 comments:
I don't know if there is a secret or not to this, but I taught Noah and Dallin and my nephew to do this. All it really takes is a couple of successes and then they take off (at least mine did)I'm working on Grace this summer.
Good idea though with the bribe, you can't lose. If they do it, then it's done...If they don't do it, then you don't have to deal with all the electronics stuff. Hope it goes well!
Amy-we are failures too. We barely taught them to ride last summer at age 4 1/2 and 6 1/2. Trevor wanted nothing to do with it until Ethan learned. Then it became a competition so his younger brother couldn't do something more than he could. So, maybe try peer pressure? It also helped that we had a big driveway at Grandma and Grandpas house to go in circles for awhile so they didn't have to turn around once they got going.
Post a Comment