Friday, April 4, 2008

"The Ten Virgins"

Well, as Enrichment counselor in the Relief Society in our ward, I was asked to put on the small production of the parable of The Ten Virgins out of the book of Matthew in the Bible. After many times of changing our dates and many many practices, we have completed our first night of performing. We had a special showing for the young women, youth aged, in the ward and branch last night. Tonight we are showing it for the adults from both units as well as many friends, neighbors and family members that have been invited. We have a narrator that tells the story as each "virgin" acts out her part through both song and script. It's been an amazing trip trying to get this many people's schedules lined up, food, child care, decorating, costumes, sound equipment, lighting, dates back to back as to leave the set up and many many more things that have gone into it. I just thought it would be fun to share some of the pictures from our first night. Now, if I can only get through this night...AAAHHHHHHH......... Just wanted to let you know also that our lamps are authentic. There was a Bible school that made them for us from Jerusalem. Okay, so they have a web site that I ordered them from, but they are authentic. Plus, many of the things used to decorate are authentic as well. What a very cool thing to be a part of. The pictures don't do the set justice. Oh, for those of you who know how terrified I am to sing in front of others, I did it!!! A very cool chalenge for myself that I took on. I don't think I'll take on the stress of putting this kind of thing together as well as having to act and sing at the same time EVER again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks so awesome, but when you are in charge, there is no doubt! You look beautiful too! Miss you.